Wanna Subscribe? Have my blog emailed to you directly. :)

Thursday, 21 February 2013

Thought for the Day: Rejection 101

I am asked all the time about my thoughts on rejection, and believe you me, I have had my fair share of rejection on all levels, both in past relationships, friendships, and in my career. It's something I am proud of. It says I'm human, like everyone else, and whilst it may pinch like no tomorrow, the fear and perhaps hurt feelings at the time, begin to wear thin and we end up surprising ourselves, with just how strong we are. It's okay to love ourselves and it's okay to forgive ourselves too. Where there's rejection, there is a lesson learned, and a renewed hope for something so much better, waiting for us, that we deserve. 

80% of the time, the answer is a 'no'. But the other times, 20% is a 'yes' and that is what you have to focus on. I am not one to sugar coat anything. But if your love and passion for making that particular dream come true,(whatever it may be) is palpable, and more then 100%, then that 80% is irrelevant and is nothing but a drop of water in the ocean. 

No excuses. No over thinking anything. I just follow my heart and my instinct and do what feels right, because I know I only have this one life to live, and life is really too short and precious to not live the life I want for myself. Now what about you....:) 


Photo from: http://twentyorsomething.com/2011/03/28/a-drop-in-the-ocean/