Friday 4 October 2013

For the love of Bugsy


Sometimes life's greatest lessons can come from the most unexpected places... A few weeks ago, my greatest lessons came from my dog, Bugsy, and I thought I'd say a few words to my furry little friend, in the hopes that somehow he would understand the love and respect I have for the time we have had together. 

My sweet Bugsy: 

There is so much I have learned from you these past 11 and a half years, and I want to thank you for all that you have taught me. You give your love so freely and unconditionally and are always so happy just to be hanging out with me. You forgive and forget, and live in the present each and every day. The simple things bring you the most happiness: a hug, a cuddle, a kiss, a walk, playing ball or when you are given a treat, it's as if you won the biggest lottery in the world. 

You love with all your being, and you are quick to lick the tears off my face (even though I don't want your doggy breath anywhere near me!) when I had a bad day. Thank you for witnessing my life, being there for every milestone, every triumph, every heartbreak, every up and down and twist and turn that life threw my way. You were along for the ride, on my journey, and you watched me grow. You didn't ever make me feel lonely in this big and sometimes, crazy world. But most of all, you never judged me, and you always thought I was the best thing since sliced bread. You made me feel like I was the most important person in the world, but I don't know if you ever realised that you are my world too, my 12 lbs of joy. 

I'm so sorry you were struck with diabetes and blindness. I wish so hard that I could take it away and make you better, the same way you always made me feel better after a rough day. You are such a trooper, adjusting to all the new and unknown changes, and yet you still remain ever present and happy. I admire you and am so inspired by your strength and humility. Thank you for teaching me some of life's most important lessons. I cherish whatever time we have left together and you will be in my heart forever, my best-est friend. 

TGITPG xoxoxoxoxo

My dog, Bugsy, was recently diagnosed with diabetes and sadly became blind literally what felt like overnight. My heart broke and then some. I've been spending the past few weeks researching everything on canine diabetes and blindness. Thank you to all my friends and fans too, who understand how attached we become to our pets. They are like family members and are with us throughout our journeys and are a part of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment